Everyone who is going through a bankruptcy needs to make sure they complete their pre-discharge bankruptcy education class in order to get their required Certificate of Completion. With pre-discharge bankruptcy education and support from us, you’ll be prepared to overcome your financial hardship, obtain your bankruptcy certificate, and regain control over your future. We have educated thousands of individuals on budgeting, proper money management, and how to use credit wisely. We’re ready to help you too!
The bankruptcy education program needs to be taken BEFORE the bankruptcy process is complete. The court requires it to make sure that people know what is going on and can hopefully learn from their mistakes. Some people have no idea how these things work, and they do not realize what can happen when you file for bankruptcy. That’s why everyone must FIRST go through the pre-filing bankruptcy counseling before they can take their bankruptcy education class.
The pre-discharge bankruptcy education process can take people through all of the things they need to know to properly manage their finances moving forward. You will walk away with materials that will make your life easier after your bankruptcy.
3 ways to complete your Pre-Discharge Bankruptcy class:
Complete your bankruptcy class online, from the comfort of your home!
Already signed up? Return to your session.
Phone & In-Person Class
You can complete your class by phone or in-person!
View our locations.
The Pre-Discharge Bankruptcy class covers the following subjects:
- Setting short-term and long-term financial goals
- Calculating and knowing the difference between gross and net income
- Determining monthly expenses, learning about assets and liabilities
- Money Management Skills
- Keeping adequate financial records
- Distinguishing between wants and needs
- Smart shopping tips and tricks
- Maintaining sufficient insurance coverage
- Saving for emergencies, periodic expenses, and lifetime goals
- Responsible Use of Credit
- Identifying credit types, sources, and the true cost of credit
- Knowing the warning signs of debt troubles
- Understanding appropriate uses of credit
- Exploring alternatives to using credit
- Learning about your credit score and credit report
- Additional Subjects:
- Consumer protection laws and your consumer rights
- Consumer resources
- Alternatives to additional borrowing in case of unexpected events
- Seeking help from public and private services for more assistance
Costs for the class:
- The class fee is $25 per person. We accept debit card payment made via the telephone or money orders, cashier checks, or Western Union. We do not accept personal checks.
- In limited circumstances, the class registration fee may be waived if you fall within certain income guidelines. Documented proof of income must be submitted prior to registering for a class. If you feel you may qualify to have the fee waived, please contact the Education Department before beginning your class, toll-free at 866-699-2227.
- You must have already completed the pre-filing bankruptcy counseling session and have been issued a pre-filing bankruptcy certificate and case number prior to taking this class. If you are uncertain when to take the pre-discharge bankruptcy class, please contact your attorney or give us a call.
When the certificate is issued:
- Within three business days of confirmed completion of the online class.
- At the conclusion of the telephone or in-person class.
Available in all states, excluding Alabama and North Carolina.
Advantage Credit Counseling Service is approved by the Executive Office of the United States Trustee (EOUST) to provide the required pre-discharge bankruptcy education class and issue certificates.
ACCS is approved by the Executive Office of the Unites States Trustee to issue certificates in compliance with the Bankruptcy Code. Approval does not endorse or assure the quality of the Agency’s services.
Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Western Pennsylvania (CCCS of Western PA) has changed its name to Advantage Credit Counseling Service, Inc. (Advantage CCS).
On April, 8th 2004 CCCS of Western PA was rebranded to the new name of Advantage Credit Counseling Service, Inc. and we also have a new website at www.advantageccs.org. We are the same reputable and trusted non-profit credit counseling agency that has been helping people with their debt for over 49 years. Advantage CCS is still Pennsylvania’s largest consumer credit counseling agency.
Founded in 1968, Advantage CCS is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with multiple office locations across the state. We are a non-profit credit counseling agency that is approved and licensed. We are proud members of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) and accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA).